Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Friend Snail - May 20, 2008

Let me set the scene... it had rained all night, the ground was soaking wet... when we left for day-care and work that morning there were worms and snails on the walk way. Emily was so excited, she had a new friend... a pet snail...
Emily's vision of her friend snail

And my version... Gross...

I told her ( knowing it wouldn't be there) that when we came home if the snail was still outside she could talk to it. So exactly has I had planned when we got home that night, no snail in sight. However I didn't plan for how deeply she was attached to her friend snail. She was heart broken... the tears started to stream and all hope of reasoning was lost... I tried to explain that the snail just went home to have dinner with her mommy... She truly was sobbing so hard that our renter down stairs came up to see if everything was OK... I was laughing so hard but I really felt so bad for her, Scott said, why would you want a snail anyway they are gross, Emily replied or actually screamed, her is not gross her is a girl and her is my friend... At that point I had to stop laughing and try my best to console her... she truly was grieving her loss... it was still really funny though..

No comments: