I have been meaning to get up to Roosevelt Utah, ( 3 hours east from SLC) for many many years. Well my BFF's (Cynthia's) daughter Gracie just turned 8 and was having a special day, she was going to be baptized. So what better reason to go and support Gracie and to see Cynthia. About 10 am we set off on our 3 hour tour.. HA HA felt a lot like Gilligan... I don't normally do road trips of more than 30 minutes alone or just with the kids. Stuart is usually our captain and navigation crew, but me wanting to be independent while he is gone and venture out more decided to do this on my own. I had my friend Jason check the air pressure in my tires and I made sure my gas tank was full, ( I was very impressed I remembered the tires at all) I stopped and got a drink ( Dr. Pepper of course) and we were off. The drive up was very smooth and very nice. the kids slept most of the way, I had forgotten just how beautiful the drive was.
We arrived about 2 and finished getting ready.
Here is Cynthia, Tony, Gracie, TJ and Tony's grandfather...
After the baptism, we all went back to Cynthia's house for a BBQ... and a few rounds on the Wii

Cynthia and I, BFF's after 25+ years... Love that girl...
Cynthia's adorable daughter Gracie... Love that girl too..
It was so much fun to be able to spend the day with them. I had planned on staying the night however, Sam makes me nervous. He wouldn't eat and would barely drink anything... Then he started having an upset tummy. what can I say, i am gun shy when it comes to him being sick so I set off for home, and after he threw up before we had passed out of town, I knew I had made the right choice to head home. He turned out to be fine after that, slept the whole way and threw the night... Woke up feeling OK, still wouldn't eat much but no other issues. So Cynthia and I are planning another visit and this time with their new Boat... we can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment