Tuesday, January 8, 2008

January 8th

Stuart is doing well. the class was put into teams today so he will be working with 12 other people for the remainder of the training. We are able to talk to him every day so that has made it nice and we are trying to get the internet camera set up so we can see each other... Emily has really started to miss him, she is not sleeping super well at night and keeps asking if we can go on a plane to Texas to school too... I sure wish we could. He has a few friends in Texas from the All Guard Rifle team so they have agreed to keep him out of trouble on the weekends. Thanks guys...:) On Monday night Emily invited my parents and nieces over for a chicken nugget dinner, cooked in her new kitchen. my dad agreed to bring the kool aid and my mom the ice cream. We decided to have an "iron chef" competition... she would cook in her kitchen and I would cook in mine the same meal. chicken nuggets and french fries... for those of you who don't know there are 3 categories in Iron chef challenges. 1 Taste 2 presentation 3 originality She won hands down in the presentation and originality categories but my score was much higher in the taste category. So I edged her out by 1 point... I guess I will keep my chef's hat and we won't rely on her kitchen for meal yet but we sure had fun...

No comments: